Holiday Happenings in La Jolla
November 15, 2023
Winter in La Jolla is truly magical. Picture our village lit up with sparkling lights around every corner and the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. It’s hard to not feel like our coastal town is the perfect winter retreat. Plus, with holiday happenings all season long, there is no better time to grab your friends and family to embrace the season.
Holiday Restaurant Specials
1. Seasonal Flavors at Catania: This renowned spot is not just about the ambiance; it’s also about the flavors. Dive into their seasonal menu that showcases the best of winter produce, paired with unique wines you won’t find at many other eateries.
2. Winter Cocktails at Marisi: Marisi takes the festive spirit to another level with its collection of winter-inspired cocktails. From the subtle notes of spiced berries to the bold flavors of aged spirits, you might just end up coming back more than once.
3. Tasting Menu at George’s at the Cove: Experience gourmet cuisine with a special holiday-themed tasting menu. Chef Trey Foshee infuses traditional holiday flavors into modern dishes that are both a treat for the eyes and the palate.
La Jolla Events
1. La Jolla Christmas Parade & Holiday Festival: The annual Christmas & Holiday Parade will take place this year on December 3rd starting at 1:30 PM. The event features floats, bands, and the much-awaited Santa Claus, followed by a holiday festival at the La Jolla Recreation Center. Think live entertainment, craft booths, and festive food.
2. Lights on the Cove: Experience La Jolla Cove like never before, as it gets illuminated with thousands of fairy lights, creating a magical winter wonderland by the sea. Perfect for evening strolls or romantic dates.
3. Storytime at the Library: Throughout the month of December the Riford Library hosts holiday storytime for kids of all ages. Come and enjoy the magic of stories during the holidays.
San Diego Events
1. December Nights at Balboa Park: As San Diego’s largest free community festival, it sees Balboa Park transformed into a winter wonderland with lights, music, dance performances, and international foods.
2. San Diego Bay Parade of Lights: Over 80 lavishly decorated boats sail along the San Diego Bay on December 10th and 17th. The theme changes every year, with this year’s focus on Christmas traditions around the world.
3. Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo: The famous San Diego Zoo gets a holiday makeover and is not to be missed. From December 9th through January 1st, enjoy seasonal decorations, special animal encounters, and evening entertainment under the stars. Learn more here.
Whether you’re warming up with a festive drink, singing carols by the sea, or exploring the broader San Diego events, La Jolla ensures a winter filled with memories.
Explore More Posts